- Fixed a problem where the duplicate query detection breaks for non-hashable query parameters.
- Added support for structured types when recording SQL.
- Made Travis CI also run one test no PostgreSQL.
- Added fallbacks for inline images in CSS.
- Improved cross-browser compatibility around
- Fixed a few typos and redundancies in the documentation, removed mentions of django-debug-toolbar’s jQuery which aren’t accurate anymore.
- Removed support for Django < 1.11.
- Added support and testing for Django 2.1 and Python 3.7. No actual code changes were required.
- Removed the jQuery dependency. This means that django-debug-toolbar
now requires modern browsers with support for
- Added support for the server timing header.
- Added a differentiation between similar and duplicate queries. Similar queries are what duplicate queries used to be (same SQL, different parameters).
- Stopped hiding frames from Django’s contrib apps in stacktraces by default.
- Lots of small cleanups and bugfixes.
- Fix erroneous
ContentNotRenderedErrorraised by the redirects panel.
This version is compatible with Django 2.0 and requires Django 1.8 or later.
- The profiling panel now escapes reported data resulting in valid HTML.
- Many minor cleanups and bugfixes.
This version is compatible with Django 1.11 and requires Django 1.8 or later.
Backwards incompatible changes¶
debug_toolbar.middleware.show_toolbar(the default value of setting
SHOW_TOOLBAR_CALLBACK) no longer returns
Falsefor AJAX requests. This is to allow reusing the
SHOW_TOOLBAR_CALLBACKfunction to verify access to panel views requested via AJAX. Projects defining a custom
SHOW_TOOLBAR_CALLBACKshould remove checks for AJAX requests in order to continue to allow access to these panels.
- New decorator
debug_toolbar.decorators.require_show_toolbarprevents unauthorized access to decorated views by checking
SHOW_TOOLBAR_CALLBACKevery request. Unauthorized access results in a 404.
SKIP_TEMPLATE_PREFIXESsetting allows skipping templates in the templates panel. Template-based form widgets’ templates are skipped by default to avoid panel sizes going into hundreds of megabytes of HTML.
- All views are now decorated with
debug_toolbar.decorators.require_show_toolbarpreventing unauthorized access.
- The templates panel now reuses contexts’ pretty printed version which makes the debug toolbar usable again with Django 1.11’s template-based forms rendering.
- Long SQL statements are now forcibly wrapped to fit on the screen.
- Recursive template extension is now understood.
- Deprecation warnings were fixed.
- The SQL panel uses HMAC instead of simple hashes to verify that SQL statements have not been changed. Also, the handling of bytes and text for hashing has been hardened. Also, a bug with Python’s division handling has been fixed for improved Python 3 support.
- An error with django-jinja has been fixed.
- A few CSS classes have been prefixed with
djdt-to avoid conflicting class names.
The debug toolbar was adopted by jazzband.
- Support for automatic setup has been removed as it was frequently
problematic. Installation now requires explicit setup. The
DEBUG_TOOLBAR_PATCH_SETTINGSsetting has also been removed as it is now unused. See the installation documentation for details.
DebugToolbarMiddlewarenow also supports Django 1.10’s
This version is compatible with Django 1.10 and requires Django 1.8 or later.
Support for Python 3.2 is dropped.
- Restore compatibility with sqlparse ≥ 0.2.0.
- Add compatibility with Bootstrap 4, Pure CSS, MDL, etc.
- Improve compatibility with RequireJS / AMD.
- Improve the UI slightly.
- Fix invalid (X)HTML.
This version is compatible with Django 1.9 and requires Django 1.7 or later.
- New panel method
debug_toolbar.panels.Panel.generate_stats()allows panels to only record stats when the toolbar is going to be inserted into the response.
- Response time for requests of projects with numerous media files has been improved.
This is the first version compatible with Django 1.8.
- A new panel is available: Template Profiler.
SHOW_TOOLBAR_CALLBACKaccepts a callable.
- The toolbar handle cannot leave the visible area anymore when the toolbar is collapsed.
- The root level logger is preserved.
RESULTS_CACHE_SIZEsetting is taken into account.
- CSS classes are prefixed with
djdt-to prevent name conflicts.
- The private copy of jQuery no longer registers as an AMD module on sites that load RequireJS.
JQUERY_URLsetting defines where the toolbar loads jQuery from.
The toolbar now always loads a private copy of jQuery in order to avoid using an incompatible version. It no longer attemps to integrate with AMD.
This private copy is available in
djdt.jQuery. Third-party panels are encouraged to use it because it should be as stable as the toolbar itself.
This is the first version compatible with Django 1.7.
- The SQL panel colors queries depending on the stack level.
- The Profiler panel allows configuring the maximum depth.
- Support languages where lowercase and uppercase strings may have different lengths.
- Allow using cursor as context managers.
- Make the SQL explain more helpful on SQLite.
INTERCEPT_REDIRECTSsetting is superseded by the more generic
This is the first stable version of the Debug Toolbar!
It includes many new features and performance improvements as well a few backwards-incompatible changes to make the toolbar easier to deploy, use, extend and maintain in the future.
You’re strongly encouraged to review the installation and configuration docs and redo the setup in your projects.
Third-party panels will need to be updated to work with this version.