- Recursive template extension is now understood.
- Deprecation warnings were fixed.
- The SQL panel uses HMAC instead of simple hashes to verify that SQL statements have not been changed. Also, the handling of bytes and text for hashing has been hardened. Also, a bug with Python’s division handling has been fixed for improved Python 3 support.
- An error with django-jinja has been fixed.
- A few CSS classes have been prefixed with
djdt-to avoid conflicting class names.
The debug toolbar was adopted by jazzband.
- Support for automatic setup has been removed as it was frequently
problematic. Installation now requires explicit setup. The
DEBUG_TOOLBAR_PATCH_SETTINGSsetting has also been removed as it is now unused. See the installation documentation for details.
DebugToolbarMiddlewarenow also supports Django 1.10’s
This version is compatible with Django 1.10 and requires Django 1.8 or later.
Support for Python 3.2 is dropped.
- Restore compatibility with sqlparse ≥ 0.2.0.
- Add compatibility with Bootstrap 4, Pure CSS, MDL, etc.
- Improve compatibility with RequireJS / AMD.
- Improve the UI slightly.
- Fix invalid (X)HTML.
This version is compatible with Django 1.9 and requires Django 1.7 or later.
- New panel method
debug_toolbar.panels.Panel.generate_stats()allows panels to only record stats when the toolbar is going to be inserted into the response.
- Response time for requests of projects with numerous media files has been improved.
This is the first version compatible with Django 1.8.
- A new panel is available: Template Profiler.
SHOW_TOOLBAR_CALLBACKaccepts a callable.
- The toolbar handle cannot leave the visible area anymore when the toolbar is collapsed.
- The root level logger is preserved.
RESULTS_CACHE_SIZEsetting is taken into account.
- CSS classes are prefixed with
djdt-to prevent name conflicts.
- The private copy of jQuery no longer registers as an AMD module on sites that load RequireJS.
JQUERY_URLsetting defines where the toolbar loads jQuery from.
The toolbar now always loads a private copy of jQuery in order to avoid using an incompatible version. It no longer attemps to integrate with AMD.
This private copy is available in
djdt.jQuery. Third-party panels are encouraged to use it because it should be as stable as the toolbar itself.
This is the first version compatible with Django 1.7.
- The SQL panel colors queries depending on the stack level.
- The Profiler panel allows configuring the maximum depth.
- Support languages where lowercase and uppercase strings may have different lengths.
- Allow using cursor as context managers.
- Make the SQL explain more helpful on SQLite.
INTERCEPT_REDIRECTSsetting is superseded by the more generic
This is the first stable version of the Debug Toolbar!
It includes many new features and performance improvements as well a few backwards-incompatible changes to make the toolbar easier to deploy, use, extend and maintain in the future.
You’re strongly encouraged to review the installation and configuration docs and redo the setup in your projects.
Third-party panels will need to be updated to work with this version.